myexperiment-hackers

[myexperiment-hackers] Re: access to myexperiment-data

From: David R Newman
Subject: [myexperiment-hackers] Re: access to myexperiment-data
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:39:41 +0000

IMPORTANT! This message has been blind-carbon-copied to you.
Do not reply-to-all or forward it without the author's permission.

Hi Wim,

My colleagues have raised some issues with the data that the public database would expose. Looking at you original request the data that is at issue would make your recommender system a non-starter. To get hold of viewing/download statistics for a user they need to opt-in to using your recommender system. The myExperiment team will discuss if there is a way of integrating your app so that users can opt in. I would expect it would involve using OAuth at some point, see http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/Developer:OAuth, you may need a wiki account to view this page? If you have any questions feel free to ask me, as I set up OAuth for myExperiment so have a reasonable understanding for how it works.

Regards

Dave Newman