myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment is now available from Galaxy

From: David De Roure
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment is now available from Galaxy
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:48:21 +0000

We're very pleased to announce that myExperiment can now be accessed easily from Galaxy (http://galaxy.psu.edu/), the open, web-based platform for data intensive biomedical research. Galaxy users can export Galaxy workflows to myExperiment to store and share them, and import Galaxy workflows from the myExperiment site.

When using Galaxy you can import Galaxy workflows from myExperiment by choosing "Upload or import workflow" in Galaxy's workflow menu, then "Visit myExperiment" at the bottom of the page; within the myExperiment interface you can then view a workflow and select "Import this workflow into Galaxy". To export a Galaxy workflow to myExperiment select "Download or Export" from Galaxy's workflow menu, enter your myExperiment username and password in "Export to myExperiment" and click the Export button (exported workflows are set to be "Private" by default but you can modify the privacy settings).

See the Galaxy Help page http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/Galaxy_Help on the myExperiment Wiki for a step-by-step guide.

Thanks to Finn Bacall in the myExperiment team and our colleagues in the Galaxy team for all their work on the integration.

-- Dave

http://www.myexperiment.org/announcements/65