myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Citizen Science, myExperiment and the Rfam wikipr

From: Duncan Hull
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Citizen Science, myExperiment and the Rfam wikiproject @ the Sanger
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:00:38 +0100

Hello

Carole was asking for the links so here they are.

More details on the Rfam wikipedia project I mentioned at the end of Andrea Wiggins seminar today can be found here:
http://duncan.hull.name/2009/06/17/nettab09-day-two/

Rfam is a relatively small pilot project, I'm told Pfam (a much bigger database) may go the same way in the future.

There is a fairly good summary here which also links to the main papers:
http://xfam.wordpress.com/2009/02/20/rfam-rna-biology-and-wikipedia- in-the-news/

Duncan

---
http://duncan.hull.name