myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] versioning workflows

From: Paul Allen
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] versioning workflows
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:54:04 -0400

Hello all,

I'm wondering if there have been any thoughts about the versioning of workflows that reside in a repository (e.g. myExperiment). The idea would be to make sure that, if a workflow from a repository is referenced externally, it will always work in a manner similar (and produce similar output) as when it was referenced. I think that this is important if people are sharing workflows, yet those workflows continue to be improved or updated.

I'm not sure if versioning workflows implies that actors/components are also versioned.

Has anybody thought about this?

Thanks,
-Paul