myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] googling an exp-object

From: Alan R Williams
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] googling an exp-object
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:22:33 +0100

Carole Goble wrote:

What would we need to do to be able to Google an experiment object?

I think you need to expose the experiment objects as files for google to index (and possibly find) in its trawl. When I looked at google co-op I couldn't see anyway to tell google about new classes of objects that didn't correspond to a pre-existing file.

You can set up a google co-op to do domain-specific tagging and searching, just as Antoon did. You can do the tagging by hand or you can upload a whole load of tags as specified in a file. I looked at generating the tag file by xslt'ing the Feta descriptions.

Carole

Alan

--
Alan R Williams                              Tel: +44 161 275 0674
Room 1.17, Kilburn Building, School of Computer Science,