muddleftpd-users

Re: [Muddleftpd-users] Problems with configuration of muddleftp 1.3.12.1

From: Risto Avila
Subject: Re: [Muddleftpd-users] Problems with configuration of muddleftp 1.3.12.1
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:18:40 +0300 (EEST)

I'm runing 1.3.11 with out root privalegs and it works just fine..
I haven't tested the 1.3.12.1 version but it should too run fine.
What is your operating system? one problem could be that you've not set
home and root directory for your user tom. If you would like to get
ncurses gui for muddleftpd I've made one.. it should work with redhat and
debian but I've tested it only with debian.

http://www.netppl.fi/~figu/muddleftpdadduser/

you can download it from there..
oh and could you send the contents of the log file?

I just looked over my config file and it seems that you're missing some
lines from the users section.
it should be:

 [section] users

 ipacl A:*
 nameacl A:*
 chroot 1
 authmethod internal
 internal_passfile /tmp/ftp/ftpd.passwd
 rootdir /tmp
 homedir /
 access  /:ALL

at least I've got those three lines and it works just fine.

hope this helps.

Risto Avila