muddleftpd-users

Re: [Muddleftpd-users] General project questions

From: Beau Kuiper
Subject: Re: [Muddleftpd-users] General project questions
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:59:45 +0800

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 06:25, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Kevin Golding <address@hidden> writes:
> > Well I was working on the assumption of savannah being the only site and
> > was actually quite surprised when I found 1.3.12 hiding out at it's old
> > address.  If the tarballs end up matching I'll include a backup but I
> > won't loose any sleep if things stay the way they are.
>
> I dont have access at that site. It will remain there until one with
> access deletes it. :)

I am the one with access to the site. I intended to replace it with just a
redirection page that moves it to the savannah site.

I can contiune to mirror source code there if it helps packagers.

> >>Well, just write the homepage stuff and its the one on savannah :)
> >
> > Well sheesh I'm doing the FreeBSD port/package already! :-)
>
> Packaging muddleftpd is easy. At least for Debian, but i dont think it
> is hard for other systems. :)

For FREEBSD, the default config file that is installed should have the
following directives in the main section:

smartbind 1
zerobind 1

These are needed if virtual server features are to be used under freebsd
(because freebsd does not support binding file decriptors to specific ip
addresses)

> >>Uumpf, i probably import the old layout into the savannah project this
> >>evening. We can change it later if someone volunteers to do that :)
> >
> > Fair enough, suggestions?  Requests?  Favourite fonts? :-)
>
> Requests:
> XHTML or HTML4 clean. Transitional or strict XHTML is up to the writer.
> No Java/Javascript. Except one little javascript: To escape stupid
> brainless framesets from people linking to us.
> W3C Validator clean. If CSS is used CSS validator clean.

Sounds good, but don't break your back doing it. KISS please.

> Suggestions:
> It should be readable in *every* browser at *every* resolution. Dont
> depend on latest IE/Mozilla/whatever. Yes, in lynx it doesnt look "as
> nice" as in Galeon, but it should be readable.
> No frames if possible. :)

Have a look at the old page (before I delete it, for an example) I used the c
pre-processor to help build them. I can provide the source html if needed.

< rest of reply deleted to keep message shorter >

Beau Kuiper
address@hidden