Re: Mtn project...

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: Re: Mtn project...
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 08:05:09 +0200

On 2021-04-06 01:13, grarpamp wrote:
I know the project is being still for a long time, but I think an 1.2
release that officially supports Botan2 would be in order

Put the monotone project up on github, all of the...
code clone / export, website, wiki, ticket dump, releases, etc.

Graydon did upload an old version, but it's very old and doesn't have issues.
(TBH it's described as "historical snapshot" in the about)

Uploading a new one shouldn't be difficult.

This will attract more eyes, interest, builders,
porters, contributors, issue tracking, etc

I'm not sure that will help the project get real traction in a world that has set its course on Github… but on the other hand I think we owe it (or at least I do, as I use it for my personal projects) at least the minimum upkeep necessary to keep it working and compiling.

A number of the links and services on...
https://monotone.ca/
appear to be broken or down, including the mtn repo
so no one can clone it at this moment...

Are you sure? The (website and) repository is hosted on my server and I also use it daily for my own repositories, it should be working fine.

mtn clone 'mtn://code.monotone.ca/monotone?net.venge.monotone'

mtn: finding items to synchronize:
mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | certs in | revs in
mtn:    13,4 k |       649 |        0 |       0
mtn:  bytes in | bytes out |      certs in |       revs in
mtn:     8,6 M |       649 |  2.575/41.115 |    675/11.073^

Works for me, please report specific error so that I can look into it.

cheers,

--
Lapo Luchini
lapo@lapo.it