Re: [Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 212 - sync needs list of include patt

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 212 - sync needs list of include patterns (monotone)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 20:38:14 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 25 Aug 2012 07:04:40 -0400, Stephen Leake
<address@hidden> said:

stephen_leake> Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> >> In the user manual, the URI syntax is described as:
stephen_leake> >>
stephen_leake> >>
stephen_leake> >>
stephen_leake> >> That says there is only one include pattern, but multiple
exclude
stephen_leake> >> patterns. The examples only show one include and one exclude.
stephen_leake> >>
stephen_leake> >> I suggest we change it to this:
stephen_leake> >>
stephen_leake> >>
stephen_leake> >
stephen_leake> > Actually, the first pattern can also be an exclude. So a
simpler syntax
stephen_leake> > is this:
stephen_leake> >
stephen_leake> >
stephen_leake> >
stephen_leake> > Branches matching a pattern are excluded if the pattern starts
with
stephen_leake> > '-', included otherwise.
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> One more try:
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake>
stephen_leake> Branches matching a pattern are excluded if the pattern is
preceded by
stephen_leake> '-', included otherwise.

That looks perfect :-)

Cheers,