[Monotone-devel] [bug #30291] Less verbose restriction warnings

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] [bug #30291] Less verbose restriction warnings
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:22:43 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
      mtn version --full: mtn-0.48

Details:

It would be cool if we could make the warnings about the inclusion of parents
in a restriction less verbose.

Right now if a specific file is targeted in a/b/c/, we emit four warnings,
which is imho a little bit too much:

mtn: warning: including missing parent ''
mtn: warning: including missing parent 'a'
mtn: warning: including missing parent 'a/b'
mtn: warning: including missing parent 'a/b/c'

So if I got it right, the warnings are there to inform the user that other
changes (renames, attribute changes) in any of the parent directories are
committed along with the targeted file. But if no such changes exist, the
warnings are pointless...

I think what we actually want and need is a way to give the roster some meta
information about "explicit" and "implicit" changes and output these at a
place when we compare the old against the new roster, i.e. before creating the
new revision. Would that be a feasible approach?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30291>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/