Re: [Monotone-devel] the changelog editor branch is ready for review

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] the changelog editor branch is ready for review
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:35:11 -0600

2010/4/14 Stéphane Gimenez <address@hidden>
Hi,

I've been following your discussion, and I tried the nice features in
this changlog editor branch.

First remark: mtn status ask for my password and it's rather
inconvenient (I'm not using ssh agent). Same for mtn commit just after
it's invocation and prior to the real commit.

Hrm.. I hadn't noticed that but I'll take a look.

> I wouldn't call it ChangeSet but Parent, simply because it is the parent

About this, I find 'ChangeSet: xxxx' really confusing, one could
think of 'xxxx' as an id for the changeset. The good old 'Changes against
parent xxxx' looks better to me.

In my current workspace I've removed the Parent: lines from the top of the revision header and have used Parent: xxx for the changeset sections which avoids printing the parent lines twice. I'll post an example a bit later.

Since you want to know about what users think... See below for what
I'd like to see in my editor. I think it's pretty self explanatory
and compatible with most of the ideas you came up with.

########
Revision: 595feb9f09d68da0559e4f7ace01f5294090210e
Parent:   803a401fd7a2703b5edc416155fbbdba0b287eb4

**************** REMOVE THIS LINE TO CANCEL THE COMMIT *****************
------------- or fill the following area with certificates -------------