Re: [Monotone-devel] update multiple projects

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] update multiple projects
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 04:32:31 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 01.04.10 04:18, schrieb Stephen Leake:
>>
>> So 'mtn au stdio' 'l6updatee' with the standard hooks does require
>> prompting via stdio, if the best available merger is opendiff. So we
>> (I) have to do something. Sigh.
>
> Really, please don't let it call the external merger - this really gets
> messy otherwise. I won't support the inclusion of this code otherwise in
> mainline, but would propose you keep that in your own private branch.

Here's a plan for moving forward:

1) Modify update so it doesn't call the external merger if
   --non-interactive is set (either by the user or by au stdio).

2) Create a new branch nvm.workspace_conflicts to work on better
   methods for resolving workspace conflicts.

I believe 1) will allow the current work_stephe branch to be
propagated to main, and will allow implementing gds_update_all, which
is my primary immediate goal.

1) will prevent using 'au update' in my Emacs front end, but that's
ok; it's motivation for 2.

--
-- Stephe