[Monotone-devel] First things first...

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] First things first...
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:29:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hey there,

I hear many wishes to merge certain branches back into mainline.
While I'm quite excited about at least some of them, I'm thinking that
there are a few rather serious things that need attending to first.

I'm thinking of certain, as it seems, path-related things that make
monotone crash when not within a workspace (we need a test for it,
btw), that makes monotone fail on Windows (see
http://monotone.ca/buildbot/i686-winvista-vs2005/builds/42/step-test/0,
which also shows a problem with IDNA coding, but I think that's being
investigated and may be a libiconv problem), as well as some other
failures on Solaris (see
http://monotone.ca/buildbot/sparc-solaris10-sunstudio11/builds/25/step-test/0).

I regard those problems as showstoppers.  I will not make a release
before they have at least been looked at, especially the path
problems.  In that context, merging other branches into mainline has
lower priority, in my opinion.

Cheers,
Richard

-----