Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import rewrite

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvs_import rewrite
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:40:21 +0100

[CCing the list]

Markus Schiltknecht schrieb:
> What do you think?

A totally different approach would be to enhance the cvssync branch to
replace cvs_import. It can import local and remote repositories alike.
And you can reimport/commit changes from/to the server. My basic feeling
is that (performance issues put aside (which is a very brave
assumption)) being able to import remote repositories as well is a bonus
of this branch. It has basic side-branch support but I ran out of time
to finish it.

You might want to check for the shortcomings of the current cvssync code
on the webpage http://venge.net/monotone/wiki/BranchStatuses . Be my
guest to ask more questions.

As the author of the branch I'm somewhat biased of course.
   Christof