Re: [Monotone-devel] problem upgrading to 0.24

From: Howard Spindel
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] problem upgrading to 0.24
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 14:59:01 -0800

Another question on the change to a fixed place for keys:

If I have a Windows box and I want to serve multiple monotone databases on it, and remote user Alice needs access to db1 but should be prohibited from accessing db2, how would you handle this?

Okay, I see that you could create a different Windows login for each database since the key is stored in a login specific location. But that doesn't scale very well. If I want to serve 25 databases should I be expected to create 25 different logins solely for the purpose of managing monotone keys?

Perhaps I don't understand keys very well (a distinct possibility!), but I perceive problems as both a database user and server when keys are maintained on a per-database basis.

Howard