Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: ViewMTN 0.01

From: Grahame Bowland
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: ViewMTN 0.01
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:08:55 +0800

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 05:16:23PM +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:
> address@hidden (Grahame Bowland) writes:
>

> [...]
>
> > Anyway, I'd really value any feedback you guys can give me. The URL
> > to an example set up is:
> >   http://grahame.angrygoats.net/viewmtn/
>
> Wow.  I was sort of thinking about trying to do one, but yours is way
> beyond my plans.  Where can I get it?

It's in branch net.angrygoats.viewmtn on monotone.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au, or
you can just grab a tarball of the latest manifest in the webpage.
You'll also need a copy of net.angrygoats.goatpy as it uses some of
the code in that.

> A minor suggestion: it would be nice to show information on the
> tooltip over hashes (author, date, maybe branch).  (Currently it just
> shows the hash.)
>
> Also it doesn't seem to show multiple branches at once, so I imagine
> it doesn't show propagates?

If a revision is signed with multiple branches it should end up showing
multiple branches at once? I'm not quite sure what it does in this case!

> I think it would be nice to show arrowheads (because this is a
> directed graph), and maybe show merges differently (as monotone-viz
> does).  However, those two are really minor, IMHO.

I've changed it to be a directed graph, and the revision we're
determining the ancestry of is now shown in blue. I'll look into showing
branches differently, thanks for the suggestion :-)