Re: [Monotone-devel] Cannot build monotone 0.18 with boost-1-31

From: Georg Lohrer
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Cannot build monotone 0.18 with boost-1-31
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:28:54 +0200

On Mi, 13 Apr 2005, address@hidden wrote:

> So, there seems to be two ways to go:
>
> 1) How can I build boost with the unit_test? What are the bjam options, if
> there
> are any for this. I am really not familiar with boost-building.
>
> 2) How can I prevent monotone from trying to build the unit-tests, without
> patching the configure[.ac]?
>
> Any ideas?

Yep, found by myself yesterday. The RedHat-box I was working on has this
crippled 2.96 gcc version on it (gcc-2.95.4 with some backports from 3.0).
And this compiler could not compile boost successfully and then cannot build
the unit_test_framework library.

I gave the 3.3.2 a chance but no way. For boost-1.32 it must be a 3.4 of gcc
at all.
Now my unit_test_framework has been built, monotone was built, too :-))

Ciao, Georg

--
Georg Lohrer
GnuPGP-Key available on WebSite http://www.croxx.de