Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: boost::program_options

From: Corey Halpin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: boost::program_options
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:21:14 -0500

On 2005-04-19, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:39:03 -0800, Nathaniel
> Smith <address@hidden> said:
>
> Uhmmm...  Eeep!  From a technological point of view, this may head us
> toward hell.  Basically, it would entail accepting all possible
> options, then check the subcommand and see if any of the options we
> just accepted should really be rejected.

  This might be hitting a little nail with a big hammer, but has anyone
considered writing a flex/yacc parser/scanner, and then just parsing command
options with yy_scan_string() ?

  I know it can provide subcommand support.  :-)

  I don't have any idea where the option parsing code is in monotone, and I
don't know my way around popt, so just sending in a patch isn't something I
can do.  But if someone more clueful were to tell me what is desired, I'd
be glad to help.

crh