[Monotone-devel] Import script ready for testing

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Import script ready for testing
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:50:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

a few people have asked for import capabilities like "cvs import".
While monotone has the basic support for it (basically, you place the
imports in a separate branch (a "vendor" branch, in CVS terminology)),
it is lacking in support of finer features associated with importing
source from elsewhere, like figuring out what files got dropped since
last import, what files got added, if they have an execute bit and
things like that.

To make import external source a bit more user friendly, I've created
a Perl script called monotone-import.pl, which I've tested a little
bit, but not with anything big.  I've placed it in the contrib/
directory in a recent commit, and it REQUIRES a very recent revision
of monotone (it uses the new "monotone attr drop").

Please check it out, try it (use a separate database :-)), play with
it, tell me how well or bad it worked, send us patches.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/