[Monotone-devel] ui.cc, ticker responsibility and blank lines (bug #1244

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: [Monotone-devel] ui.cc, ticker responsibility and blank lines (bug #12440)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:24:10 -0500

bug #12440 wrote:
>the balance of responsibility between user_interface and ticker is
>wrong; user_interface should delegate more things to ticker.
>
>One consequence of this is that we will spit out pointless blank
>lines when using the "none" ticker.
>
>clean up this code.

Here's a patch to transfer responsibility for setting
last_write_was_a_tick and some_tick_is_dirty from user_interface to
tick_writer (all setting of these was associated with tick_writer
calls anyway). It also gives tick_writer a clear_line() function which
gets rid of the extra blank lines with the "none" ticker.

Comments, suggestions?

Timothy Brownawell