Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug? in CVS import monotone 0.18

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug? in CVS import monotone 0.18
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:42:32 -0700

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:39:59PM +0200, Carl Christian Kanne wrote:
> monotone: version 1.17 has too few components, using branch
> import.informatik.uni-mannheim.de

You realize this is a terrible branch name? :-) (It's become clear
that people hate reversed domain names, and we need to transition to a
host/branch style of names, but in the mean time, things like netsync
will be much happier if you reverse things, like
de.uni-mannheim.informatik.import.)

> monotone: ticks: b="branches"/1, v="versions"/1
> monotone: v
> monotone: version 1.16 has 101 lines
> monotone: following RCS edge 1.16 -> 1.15
> monotone: db.execute("ROLLBACK")
> monotone: fatal: std::runtime_error: std::out_of_range while processing a102
> 58
> monotone:  with source.size() == 101 and cursor == 102
> monotone: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.

That is very odd.  It sounds like monotone actually doesn't now how to
parse an RCS file?  Is there any chance that the CVS repository is
available for download?  (Examining the debug output before the crash
might be enough to tell you what RCS file it is trying to process, and
you could then try doing rcs_import on that file alone, and if _that_
still gives the error, then just that RCS file should be enough to
debug the problem, without needing to put up the whole 300 meg of
CVS.)

Sentience can be such a burden.