[Monotone-devel] cvs sync status report

From: Christof Petig
Subject: [Monotone-devel] cvs sync status report
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:33:40 +0200

After propagating the changes to the main tree for 0.18, modifying the
infrastructure to support modules, cleaning the UI up a bit and testing
it somewhat you might want to take a look at the head of the
n.v.m.cvssync branch (5b036d6c658ee003f5948fde9b00b20200b9a931).

Module support is there (though commiting is untested (yet) with nested
modules) and all my tests work fine.

Syntax:

monotone --branch /destination/ cvs_pull [/repository/ /module/]

of course you need to specify repository (like cvs -d) and module the
first time.

It might have some raw edges all over but my feeling is generally good.
It should be interesting to compare it to cvs_import when the latter fails.

    Christof

PS: Two shortcomings I know of: it fails to separate some near edges
(known bug, but harmless), it cannot import/commit to side branches.