[Monotone-devel] Server implementation

From: Florian Weimer
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Server implementation
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:37:09 +0200

The current server implementation is not suitable for running on an
untrusted network.  I just have to run the following command:

  while true ; do socket example.com 5253 ; done

and no one can access the server at example.com anymore.

If I read the SQLite documentation correctly, concurrent database is
not one of its strengths.  Even if SQLite supported page-level
locking, you cannot hold locks while wating for network I/O without
introducing a denial-of-service potential.

So what to do?  Would it be possible to write something which dumps
the server->client netsync traffic to a set of files?  The client
could then fetch these files (incrementally), and feed it to something
like "monotone read".