Re: [Monotone-devel] db check: how do I fix these?

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] db check: how do I fix these?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 13:25:23 -0600

Corey Halpin wrote:
  So I got off my lazy butt and started the conversion to 0.17.
  db check produces the following (and some other less unfriendly looking
thins):

monotone: manifest c43dff216b2f82789fe422a2f54dbec920ef9352 unreferenced
monotone: revision 6e79541d32304cc5632276f6690eca7980dad41c mismatched
certs (1 authors 2 dates 1 changelogs)
monotone: warning: 1 unreferenced manifests
monotone: warning: 1 mismatched certs

How might I make these warnings go away?  Or should I even bother?  Are
these harmless enough that I can leave them?

what it's saying is that manifest c43d is not referenced by any revisions so its existence in your database is rather pointless. there is no revision you can check out to get that manifest.

I can't recall exactly but it's possible that this manifest is referenced by some other manifest, as the base of a manifest delta used to reconstruct the referencing manifest, so the "unreferenced" manifest may actually be referenced by a manifest delta. I suppose db check could/should really check for delta references to files and manifests too, but at the moment I don't think it does.

the mismatched certs is just something that looks a bit odd from db check's perspective. the expectation is that every revision should have the same number of author, date and changelog certs since they are all generated and attached at commit time.

the docs might might explain things further, but basically both of these problems are harmless oddities in your database.

HTH

Cheers,
Derek