Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: More Bad News

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: More Bad News
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:53:31 +0100

Bruce Stephens schrieb:
Paul Snively <address@hidden> writes:
monotone: fatal: std::runtime_error: sqlite exec error database is full
monotone: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
monotone: please send this error message, the output of 'monotone -
--full-version',

I think that means that a write() call failed in sqlite.  Is the
device holding the database low on free space?  Or maybe you're
hitting quota limits or something?

If nothing obvious seems wrong I guess you could try doing the same
thing under "strace -ewrite" (or the equivalent in Darwin) and see if
any of the calls return something weird.

It may be possible that you hit the sqlite2 limit (if the size of the
database or any table lies near to a power of two, that's likely). I
don't know the limitations from memory but if this indead is the problem
0.17 will help you (at the cost of a db dump, db load).

   Christof