RE: [Monotone-devel] Ancestry Graph

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: RE: [Monotone-devel] Ancestry Graph
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:49:37 -0700

>===== Original Message From Brian Campbell <address@hidden> =====
[...]
>OK, so at this point, it looks like we have a few options:
[...]
>2) Output in an ad-hoc format, and have a program that converts it to
>other formats

2b) Rather than have a "graph" command hard-coded into monotone that supports
one particular visualization, make monotone easier to script in general --
e.g., have ways to extract certs in a program-readable format, etc.  Then
people can make arbitrarily nice front-ends.

>3) Output in the format of (a) questionable, unmaintained, obfuscated
>software distributed under the GPL or (b) working, maintained software
>distributed under a non-free (but almost free) licence

Not terribly relevant, but I think your definition of "almost free" is
different from mine; the graphviz license is quite noxious.  See e.g.