Re: [Monotone-devel] passphrase option

From: Carlos Hespanhol
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] passphrase option
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:34:56 -0300

Thank you all for the help

because I was using --norc option (monotone doesnt find the home directory)
I didnt think of using LUA (and I'm brazilian like LUA), but using --norc and
--rcfile pointing to a monotonerc worked fine.

regarding writing passwords in files I agree with Richard, but my original
idea was the user type the password in a dialog(GUI) and then I would call
monotone using this password, it wouldnt be writen to a file, and like Jon
said it could be hidden by monotone.
The way I'm using now it's writen in the rc file but an option would be to
call a program that opens a dialog asking for the password and returns it in
a file that is erased by get_passphrase as soon as it gets it.

Anyway, I solved my problem and I'm begining to learn and enjoy monotone.

Congratulations for the good job.