monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] New release

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] New release
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 20:30:47 +0200

Francis Russell writes:
> Hi Ludovic,
>
> the version of monotone in Debian has apparently become extremely
> broken. Could you please review what I've pushed for release. I pushed
> to ada-france.org but it seemed to send a lot of outgoing revisions for
> some reason (although all I have in that database is org.debian.montone*
> stuff).

Since we are in deep freeze, we need approval from the release team
before we upload.  For this to happen, we need:

* a release-critical bug; please file one ("monotone broken by new
  release of SQLite" or something to that effect)
* a *minimal* diff between the current package and the proposed new
  package; by minimal I mean that the diff must do exactly one thing
  which is to fix the release-critical bug.

>From what I can tell, you updated the packaging to 0.48.1; this needs a
new .orig.tar.gz; I don't think the release team would approve of that
*unless* the diff between 0.48 and 0.48.1 contains only the bug fix.

If 0.48.1 already contains the bug fix, there is no need to also include
it in a Debian-specific patch.

Therefore, please choose one of the two approaches below:

* add the bug fix as a Debian-specific patch but keep the base version
  at 0.48

or

* package 0.48.1 with a new .orig.tar.gz and no Debian-specific patch
  for the bug fix.

--
Ludovic Brenta.