monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Purge not working for monotone-server

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Purge not working for monotone-server
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:55:20 +0100

So, 0.48's been released and we still don't have a fix. I've committed
and pushed an updated a modified monotone-server.postrm script that will
delete the auto-generated key if it can uniquely identify it.

While testing various things, I got the impression that the cleverer we
try to be, the more likely we are to break things. Hence, I've avoided
looking as hash tracking for now. Also, monotone will refuse to create a
key with duplicate name by default so I wonder if we're being too
concerned about the wrong things. I also note that by storing the key
name in debconf, a user could reconfigure monotone-server and get it to
delete a key it didn't generate on purge :/.

Anyway I've got the point that I can no-longer break the
monotone-server.postrm I've committed. It seems to have the right
behaviour for key deletion and is slightly more robust in the event of
already deleted files and directories.

It would be great to get a second (and third) opinion on this before
handling the packaging of 0.48.

Francis