monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Uploading 0.42 for squeeze, and structure of the d

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Uploading 0.42 for squeeze, and structure of the debian branch
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:37:06 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:12:27 -0800, Zack Weinberg
<address@hidden> said:

zackw> $ tar zxf monotone_0.43.tar.gz
zackw> $ cd monotone_0.43
zackw> $ mtn clone -b net.venge.monotone.debian-dir monotone.ca debian
zackw> $ dpkg-buildpackage -i
zackw>
zackw> What do you say?

I disagree.

If you want to release a patched up version for some glitch that is
specific to Debian but is in the rest of the source, you basically
can't today without waiting for a new mainstream release.

Besides, I don't see much difficulty in this:

$ cp PATH/TO/monotone_0.43.tar.gz .
$ mtn clone monotone.ca net.venge.monotone.debian-diff monotone-0.43
$ cd monotone-0.43
$ dpkg-buildpackage -i

Cheers,
Richard