monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] PID file can't be created

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] PID file can't be created
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:30:20 +0100 (CET)

Uhmmm, you CAN mount /var/run on tmpfs, and either way, it will be
wiped at reboot (is that what you mean with "restart"?), which is
a perfectly correct way to behave.

It feels much more like a problem with the stability of the mount, for
reasons I cannot fathom at this point, than anything else.

The only thing I can think of is that the init script may need to
create the /var/run/monotone directory...  Is that something you could
try out?

Cheers,
Richard

In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 08 Feb 2009 23:01:51 +0100, Thomas Keller