monotone-debian

[Monotone-debian] Re: Request assistance with monotone package on alpha,

From: Carlos O'Donell
Subject: [Monotone-debian] Re: Request assistance with monotone package on alpha, hppa, mipsel, powerpc, s390
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 20:40:17 -0400

On 9/3/07, Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> I would therefore greatly appreciate assistance with these bugs.  If
> you have time to debug the thing yourself and send patches to
> address@hidden, that is of course the most helpful thing
> you could do.  Failing that, the next most helpful possibility is if
> you are willing to grant me access (unprivileged only is fine) to a
> machine under your control, and install monotone's build-dependencies
> on that machine.  If you can't do that either, at the least we might
> have a chance of guessing what the problem is if you built the package
> to the point where it fails (using a method that does not destroy the
> build tree when the build fails), then tar up the tester_dir/
> directory and the "mtn" binary and send them to me.

dpkg-buildpackage: source package is monotone
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.36-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Zack Weinberg <address@hidden>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture hppa
dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 0.36-1

Linux firin 2.6.20-gfb60ab85-dirty #42 Mon May 7 15:36:50 EDT 2007
parisc64 GNU/Linux

Of 446 tests run:
        0 succeeded
        444 failed
        2 had expected failures
        0 succeeded unexpectedly
        0 were skipped
FAIL: run_lua_tests
1 of 3 tests failed
Please report to address@hidden
make[4]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1

Every test failed.

Something seems to be fundamentally broken.

Do you have a recipe for debugging these?

Cheers,
Carlos.