monotone-debian

[Monotone-debian] Request assistance with monotone package on alpha, hp

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-debian] Request assistance with monotone package on alpha, hppa, mipsel, powerpc, s390
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 18:59:28 -0700

I'm one of the maintainers of the Debian package of monotone; I'm also
one of its upstream developers.  For the new 0.36-1 package presently
in unstable, we decided to run the program's testsuite during the
build.  This found failures on many architectures - a mixed blessing,
since on the one hand it appears that the program has catastrophic
bugs that need fixing, but on the other hand, now the package has been
kicked out of testing. :-(

This message is going out to all the porter lists for which the
monotone package presently FTBFS because of testsuite failures.  I am
not a DD (the package is being sponsored by Ludovic Brenta) so I do
not have access to any of the Debian porting hosts, nor do I have
other access to any of your architectures.

I would therefore greatly appreciate assistance with these bugs.  If
you have time to debug the thing yourself and send patches to
address@hidden, that is of course the most helpful thing
you could do.  Failing that, the next most helpful possibility is if
you are willing to grant me access (unprivileged only is fine) to a
machine under your control, and install monotone's build-dependencies
on that machine.  If you can't do that either, at the least we might
have a chance of guessing what the problem is if you built the package
to the point where it fails (using a method that does not destroy the
build tree when the build fails), then tar up the tester_dir/
directory and the "mtn" binary and send them to me.

Thanks in advance,
zw