Is monit deterministic?

From: Leonard Teng
Subject: Is monit deterministic?
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 11:12:05 +0800

Hi all,

I just wanted to inquire on whether monit is guaranteed to perform service restarts in high CPU/RAM usage situations? Wanted to know if I need to be conservative in setting thresholds for CPU/RAM usage for services. For context, I'm working on deploying a mesh gateway, and we need to make sure that the services have 24/7 uptime, and that we can deterministically restart them upon achieving high CPU/RAM usage. Thanks!