RE: monitor ssl websocket (wss://)

From: lutz . mader
Subject: RE: monitor ssl websocket (wss://)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 11:49:16 GMT

Hello,
do you spent some time to have a look to the protocol http/https and use the header option to modify the header sent by the https request.
See https://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#HTTP
To initialize a websocket session a normal https request contain some additional header information

Upgrade: websocket
Connection: Upgrade
Sec-WebSocket-Key: dGhlIHNhbXBsZSBub25jZQ==
Sec-WebSocket-Protocol: chat, superchat
Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13

And the server should response with status 101 to accept the request.
For additional information see https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc6455

A suggestion only,
Lutz

p.s.
I try to find a useful test case myself.