Re: non-existing program test

From: Roland Giesler
Subject: Re: non-existing program test
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 13:10:21 +0200

True, but if monit doesn't start if the file is not there, then testing for the presence of the file and then attempting to execute it if it exists seems to be the only way to proceed, not?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 13:03, Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit.kuehn@aei.mpg.de> wrote:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:43:09 +0200
Roland Giesler <roland@greentree.systems> wrote:

> Use the test to check for the file existence, instead of this.

Well, I don't want to know about the existance, I want to run it and
check the result. But if it doesn't exist in the first place, that's
not worse than failing the run test.

cu
  Gerrit