Re: Is there a way to tell Monit to monitor by default all new services?

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: Is there a way to tell Monit to monitor by default all new services?
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 19:26:07 +0200

Hello Ciprian,
to disable all automatic restarts by monit I use "mode passive" only.

> At the moment I explicitly set for all my services and items `mode
> passive onreboot nostart` because I don't want Monit to start / stop
> any services;  I just want Monit to monitor and report.

Monit do not start a service with "mode passive".

But "set onreboot nostart" set all services to "Not monitored" after the
monit restart. This seem to me normal behaviour, I do some tests with
monit 5.27.0 for macOS.

You can not use "set onreboot nostart", if you are interresting in the
monitoring data.

With regards,
Lutz