Re: Problem using monit with curl

From: Norbert Preining
Subject: Re: Problem using monit with curl
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 08:58:46 +0900

Hi Lutz,

thanks a lot for your answer, that is very much appreciated.

> your problem, this is for M/Monit the central Server for Monit.

Hmmm, has that changed at some point? On our old (very very very) old
vm I see monit 5.4 (Debian machine 1:5.4-2) and there POSTing to
        curl -s 'http://localhost:2812/SOMESERVICE' --data 'action=restart'
did actually work without a hinch.

Now, on a current Debian/buster with backports I have monit 5.26.0
(Debian version 1:5.26.0-1~bpo10+1) and the same does not work
anymore.
I checked https://mmonit.com/monit/changes/ for relevant changes (but
not what has happened between 5.4 and 5.6 which is not in the above
set), but I couldn't spot anything relevant to the discussion here.

Has there been some considerable changes in how the http server access
works?

> I append some sample scripts to get the summary, the status or do some

Thanks for the scripts, I will read to them and see what I can use.

> If you do not agree with these conditions, you may not use or distribute
> these scripts.

No problem, all fine, all my responsability.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev