Re: Monit state file version warning - auto recover/delete bad state fil

From: Ani A
Subject: Re: Monit state file version warning - auto recover/delete bad state file ?
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 22:47:32 +0530

Hi Lutz,

> are you installing a new version, are you updating some times ago?
I haven't updated Monit as I am still running an older version of Ubuntu (14.04)

> You can stop monit and delete the monit status file. After you start
> monit again, the status file will created again.

Are you telling that I should just delete the status file each time I
stop Monit ?
I know that deleting status file and restarting will create it back...
What I was looking for, is a proactive measure to avoid this situation
altogether...
(if there is any such workaround)

Thanks.
--