Re: Monit check program status

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: Monit check program status
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 23:59:30 +0100

Hello Guillaume,
nice idea, but monit can not do this. Monit handle the current status
code only.

Based on the sample
check program hwtest with path /usr/local/bin/hwtest.sh
    with timeout 500 seconds
    if status = 1 then alert
    if status = 3 for 5 cycles then exec "/usr/local/bin/emergency.sh"

The hwtest.sh called every given interval,
you get an alert if hwtest.sh status code changed to status code 1.
The emergency.sh script will called is the hwtest.sh script status code
is 3 for five interval cycles.

You can check the status code in the emergency.sh script with the
MONIT_PROGRAM_STATUS environment variable.

Unfortunately, you get no information about the previous status code.
The scripts are called only once, you get one alert if the status code
changed to 1, as long as the status code is 1 no new alert will send.
And the emergency.sh script will called after the status code is 3 for 5
times. As long as the status code is still 3 the script will not called
again.

With regards,
Lutz

p.s.