Re: Monit NFS share

From: Gerrit Kühn
Subject: Re: Monit NFS share
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 13:41:52 +0200

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 13:12:46 +0200 Josu Lazkano <address@hidden>
wrote about Re: Monit NFS share:

> I have a Debian Stretch server with 5.20.0 monit version.
>
> I have configured the NFS mount in fstab, I think that the problem is
> that it try to mount before the networking is ready.

That's probably an issue with systemd, then. You can certainly use the
monit workaround, but you could also tell systemd to behave. Try adding
these options to your nfs mounts in fstab (given you don't have any other
method of automounting in place):

---
noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.device-timeout=10,timeo=14,x-systemd.idle-timeout=1min,x-systemd.requires=network-online.target
---

This should activate systemd's automounting capabilities once networking
is available.

cu
  Gerrit