RE: HTTPS connection to mmonit

From: Jamie Burchell
Subject: RE: HTTPS connection to mmonit
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 10:26:57 +0100

It doesn't matter where the server is as long as you can create an SSH
connection to it. Usually this is port 22 (on the server).
The software used on your client machine to create the ssh connection
depends on your operating system. For Linux, Mac and Windows Subsystem for
Linux ssh is already available to use as a command.

Once you've established a connection, local port 2812 on your client is
forwarded to remote port 2812 on your server, through the ssh tunnel.
In the monirc config, you will need at least

set httpd port 2812
  use address localhost
  allow localhost

I can't comment on m/monit I'm affarid as I haven't used it.