Re: master switch

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Re: master switch
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 23:20:21 +0200

Hello Viktor,
I disable the "check host" services, if the host is not available.

> When there is a connection issue in the datacenter where my server is
> located
> Monit sends 1 zillion alerts.

I use tests like this, to do this. The first one send alerts or do
somthing and an additional test to disable (unmonitor) the service.

check host Ldap_Host with address my.ldap.de
if failed port 2443 with timeout 30 seconds retry 10 then alert
if failed port 2443 with timeout 30 seconds retry 30 then unmonitor

But it is necessary to enable (monitor) the service after the host is
available again.

A suggestion only.

With regards,
Lutz