Connection testing failed all the time

From: Lutz Mader
Subject: Connection testing failed all the time
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 22:34:08 +0100

Hi all folks,
I try to monitor some ports, but the monit connection testing failed all
the time.

I try something like this.
if failed port 54320 the alert
if failed port 54321 the alert

The ports are available (from the application log).
ODBC local server macbookpro.local:54320
JDBC local server macbookpro.local:54321

And I can connect to port 54321 with a jdbc application (using
"teiid-9.0.1-jdbc.jar") and to port 54320 with an odbc application.
I checked the available protocol list, but a specific protocol for jdbc
or odbc ports is not available.

The connection testing to a Postgres DB running on the same system works
well. I use this.
if failed port 5432 protocol pgsql the alert

Any suggestion how to do a more detail testing to find out what is going
wrong.

With regards,
Lutz