Re: Monit starting out without monitoring (Martin Pala)

From: Ani A
Subject: Re: Monit starting out without monitoring (Martin Pala)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 21:55:30 +0530

> Hello,
>
> the monitoring state is saved persistent across monit restarts - saved to a
> state file. The default state file path is ~/.monit.state, you can customize
> it using "set statefile <path>" statement in monit configuration file. If you
> need to reset the state after each machine reboot, either do "monit monitor
> all" in the monit startup script or place the statefile to some volatile
> filesystem (for example /tmp is often mounted using tmpfs/ramdisk).
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Hi  Martin,

When you say "monit startup script", is that something that is also to
be configured?
Or, is it something that has to be added as a part of the monit
service script (/etc/init.d/monit) ?
In my Ubuntu installation I didnt see any startup-script that is being
invoked, however
I saw some references to such a script on github.
How do I enable/add a startup-script ?

Thanks
--
Regards,