Re: Video tear after enabling Monit

From: Dylan Wood
Subject: Re: Video tear after enabling Monit
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 09:18:24 -0800

Hi Joost,

A few questions:

Respectfully,
Dylan Wood
The Mind Research Network
Neuroinformatics
+1.505.480.5346
address@hidden

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 7:00 AM, Joost Plas | Pandora Producties.nl <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi guys,

I’m having some strange issues with Monit. I’ve tried it to monitor my digital signage players.
The players are NUC’s running Ubuntu 14.04.3 with a full screen Google Chrome browser.

For some reason enabling Monit on these players messes up the video playback in the browser and I end up with a lot of video tear and higher CPU usage.
I find this very strange and I cannot see a logical explanation for this so I’m a bit clueless in the troubleshooting. I can provide all necessary log files on request of course.

If I play a video in the browser with monit enabled I have a average CPU usage of 80 % and bad playback / tear.
When I disable Monit and reboot I have smooth playback and a average CPU usage of 40 %.

I use Compton: https://github.com/chjj/compton

Any tips?

Kind regards,

Joost