alert/mail-format syntax questions

From: Weedy
Subject: alert/mail-format syntax questions
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 05:56:57 -0500

In light of older monit versions sending me garbage for file system
usage alerts I changed the subject with mail-format.

  check filesystem home with path /dev/md2
    if failed permission 660 then alert
    if failed uid root then alert
    if failed gid disk then alert
    if inode usage gt 80% then alert
    if inode usage gt 95% then alert
    if space usage gt 5035 GB for 5 times within 10 cycles then alert
       alert address@hidden with
          mail-format { subject: "WARN Low disk space on /home, less
then 5 gigs left" }
          reminder on 600 cycles
       alert address@hidden with
          mail-format { subject: "WARN Low disk space on /home, less
then 5 gigs left" }
          reminder on 600 cycles
    if space usage gt 5039 GB then alert
       alert address@hidden with
          mail-format { subject: "CRIT Low disk space on /home, less
then 1 gig left" }
          reminder on 180 cycles
       alert address@hidden with
          mail-format { subject: "CRIT Low disk space on /home, less
then 1 gig left" }
          reminder on 180 cycles
    group server

But when I run monitor all not only do I get my custom subject for the
monitor action I get 2 emails. One for each subject.

Shouldn't I receive the normal "monitor action done" for this?

5.12 fixed space usage tests right? Can I change the test back to "lt
5 GB" or what ever it was and get human readable reports now?

The reason I bumped into this was because a network outage caused some
services to unmonitor themselves (after many restarts). Is there a
less spammy way to set everything back to monitored status then
"monitor all"?

I thought something like "if 3 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout"
only applied until monit restarts (like if a server reboots). Am I
better off nuking monit.state in a shutdown init script to start from
a clean slate at system boot?