RE: Feature Request: put alerts in message queues

From: Roose, Marco
Subject: RE: Feature Request: put alerts in message queues
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:03:34 +0000

>From my point of view the mentioned generic solution like using the exec
statement is the idea of choice. But if there would be the possibility to
pass some data to the exec statement this would become awesome.

Some example:

check process foo with pidfile /run/foo.pid
  if failed something exec "myscript.sh"

I case of an alert it would e.g. call

myscript.sh -H <Hostname> -s <Servicename> -m <some message text> (... some
more?)

Then the script can use the command line arguments and do some more exciting
things ;-)

Best regards,
Marco Roose