Re: cron style service poll time not functioning since update to 5.10

From: Paul Theodoropoulos
Subject: Re: cron style service poll time not functioning since update to 5.10
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 16:57:51 -0800

On 11/17/14 2:29 PM, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
On 17 Nov 2014, at 19:28, Paul Theodoropoulos <address@hidden> wrote:

I have a service check that I disable while backups are running on a particular
server. Since upgrading from 5.8.1 to 5.10, the cron declaration appears to no
longer work - I've started getting alerts during that time since the upgrade.

Here's how I have it set up -

check program servercomm-db1 with path /usr/local/bin/check_server_wrapper with
timeout 25 seconds
not every "40-50 0 * * *"

I checked the manual, and that appears to be a valid config. Thoughts?
This should work, please check that you do not have a a second (old) monit
instance running in the background or that the every-cron string is specified
as you think it is. Right now, Monit is specified to skip this check every
night between 00:40-00:50.

Thanks. The above declarations were cut & paste directly from the conf file, and I've confirmed that it is indeed running 5.10, with no other monit executables on the server. This is compiled from source on Debian Squeeze, 32bit, in case that might matter.

Here's the complete conf file, with non-public info elided:

set mail-format {
from: address@hidden
message: TRU-DB1-PRIMARY $SERVICE $EVENT
}
# Don't check during db backup (latency too high)
alert address@hidden on with reminder on 4 cycle
alert address@hidden with reminder on 4 cycle
alert address@hidden on with reminder on 4 cycle
alert address@hidden on with reminder on 4 cycle