Re: disagrement: Orion vs monit

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: disagrement: Orion vs monit
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:46:12 +0200

Yes, monit dns protocol test checks the DNS root zone ("."). If the nameserver was responding to requests then the protocol request passed. I'm not sure about your Orion configuration - if it checks for some specific zone or record, it may detect different kind of problem. We'll extend the DNS protocol test in the future to allow custom queries.

In the meantime you can use "check program" with custom nslookup/dig based script and specific query.

Regards,
Martin